Friday, June 11, 2010

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

Basically, The Secret says to focus on what you want, not what you don't want. You have to feel it, your feelings have to match your thoughts, and you should feel joy and gratitude, too.

Some of it seems silly. Like the part about telling the universe you want more money, than believing you have it. You are supposed to act like you already have it, say that I can afford that, I can afford that, I can buy that, I can buy that, and it seems to me that is a good way to get into debt.

There are three steps: say you want something, believe you can have it, and than receive. She says stuff about quantum mechanics and I will be the first to admit that I don't understand quantum mechanics. I took a class in modern physics; all I got from that is that modern physics and I do not match (in my defense no one else in the class understood either and we only passed because he made the last two tests as easy he could and because he gave everybody like 40 points, which put most of the class in C range.) But it still comparing this to quantum mechanics seems odd to me.

But, still, it is true the placebo pill sometimes works as well as real thing and that works just because you believe it is working. So maybe there is something to this. I just don't know. A little experimentation is in my future, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers